Together for a Purpose: Love and Mission in Marriage and Ministry Will be Free to Download Tomorrow, November 30, 2022
FAITH NEWS SERVICE – United States—November 29, 2022
Ross and Athena Holtz will capture Christian audiences with their newest book, Together for a Purpose: Love and Mission in Marriage and Ministry
Ross and Athena wrote Together for a Purpose to encourage couples in both marriage and ministry to be faithful in their relationships—even through the struggles—and to find God’s purpose for their everyday lives.
A unique true marriage story of two seasoned travelers who find each other and marry later in life is told from two viewpoints with openness and candor. This engaging and often humorous narrative written by a high-powered Christian woman publisher and a ready-for-retirement widowed pastor deals with Christian marriage, change and criticism, blended families, issues of compatibility, and meshing as a couple. More than just a love story, this growing-in-faith story touches on what we all long for—belonging, being loved for who we are, and finding a place of service to God and purpose in our everyday lives.
Ross and Athena Holt’s Together for a Purpose will be free and available for download on Amazon for 5 days from November 30 through December 4, 2022. Together for a Purpose is rated 5 stars by those who have purchased the book. Here’s what some of the reviewers have said:
Janet McHenry – 5 stars
Encouragement for later-married couples!
Reviewed in the United States on November 21, 2022
“Together for a Purpose is a testament to God’s faithfulness in Ross and Athena Holtz’s third chapter of life. Vulnerably and honestly they together lay out their struggles and commitment to work all things together for God’s good purpose in their lives. I highly recommend it for new and seasoned couples who want to grow in their marriage relationship.”
Valerie – 5 stars
Like a heart-to-heart chat with close friends over coffee
Reviewed in the United States on November 21, 2022
“Wow! It’s rare that I wake up looking forward to the next chapter in a non-fiction book but, with this one, I did. Reading it sometimes felt like marriage counseling, career mentoring, and Bible study. But most often, it felt like a heart-to-heart chat with close friends over coffee. By the end, I appreciated my husband more, identified areas of my past for which I need to accept more of the responsibility, and was inspired to get moving more intentionally on God’s plan for my life. One of the discussion questions asks, “Are you serving God, or are you an observer of others’ ministries? Are you content with how you serve Him? Is He?” Ouch! Like one of the authors, I am at a transitional life stage and had begun to take on a mindset of stepping out of the game to make room for others. Instead, I will step wholeheartedly into a different game, the one God intended for me from the start. Thanks to the authors for writing this personal, thought-provoking book!”
For More Information: For more questions or to schedule an interview about this press release please contact Athena Holtz at 210-620-4900 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Authors
Dr. Geoffrey Ross Holtz was the founding and senior pastor of The Summit, Enumclaw, Washington. He holds a Masters of Religious Studies, a Doctor of Ministries, and a Doctor of Divinity degree from Columbia Evangelical Seminary, is ordained with the Evangelical Free Church of America, and is the author of Are You in the Game or in the Way? A Question for Pastors and Men’s Ministry Leaders.
Athena Dean Holtz is the founder and publisher of the hybrid Redemption Press in Enumclaw, Washington. Named Best Female Podcast Host of the year in 2021 by the national Spark Media for her All Things podcast, she is the author of Full Circle: Coming Home to the Faithfulness of God, and the founder of She Writes for Him writers’ online and in-person events and the Redeemed & Restored video broadcast/podcast.
Suggested Interview Questions
- Yours is an unusual love story, one that survived unexpected early challenges. It sounded like you were blindsided. How did the two of you stay strong against so much coming at you?
- Athena, tell us about Ross’s late wife’s list for her replacement. Did you ever take that seriously? Did you ever think you would actually be with someone from her list?
- Ross, you say, “I’m perfect for her.” How do your personalities mesh? What makes you perfect for Athena? Is she perfect for you? What makes her perfect for you?
- Pastors hate to see people leave their churches. As a pastor, how did you deal with one-third of your congregation leaving after you married?
- Do you have any tips for dealing with the inevitable criticism that comes with being in public ministry?
- What’s the one habit that you practice together that you feel strengthens your bond? How does this habit enrich you as a couple and personally?
- As you tell your story, you talk a lot about purpose. How do you suggest couples go about finding God’s purpose in their lives together?
- You are very candid as you write about your lives. What is the one point you want most to get across by telling your stories?
- You’ve both had hard things happen in your lives. How do you reconcile God working all things together for good (as Romans 8:28 says) with your life experience.