FAITH NEWS SERVICE – United States—Monday, March 6, 2023
Dwain L. Eckberg is proud to present his newest book, Medicine for the Heart: Reading Scripture in Troubled Times, with Kierkegaard
Dwain wrote Medicine for the Heart to revitalize reading of God’s Word and introduce a wide audience to Kierkegaard’s magnificent insights on Scripture.
Inspired by the spiritually robust writings of Danish philosopher Søren Kierkegaard, Eckberg set out to encourage all who aspire to live richer, more meaningful lives. Aimed at believers and unbelievers, ministers, academics, and Kierkegaardians, Medicine for the Heart employs simple techniques for reading the Bible and patriarch Abraham’s own faith journey as a timeless example of living from a posture of individual faith. And reaching beyond Kierkegaard, readers will also enjoy the many quotations from notable thinkers and philosophers that challenge the mind and delight the heart.
Dwain L. Eckberg’s Medicine for the Heart: Reading Scripture in Troubled Times, with Kierkegaard will be free and available for download on Amazon for 5 days from March 7 through March 11, 2023.
For More Information: For more questions or to schedule an interview about this press release, please contact Dwain L. Eckberg at (434) 849-8668 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author
A professor of medicine and cardiology, Dwain L. Eckberg, MD, graduated from Northwestern University School of Medicine. He has published over 170 scientific articles. He met Rebecca, his college sweetheart, at Wheaton College, where he studied philosophy, and she studied English. They have been married sixty-three years—“The first sixty-three years,” Dwain quips, “are the hardest.” They have three daughters and six grandchildren. The couple lives in Lynchburg, Virginia.
Suggested Interview Questions
- You have a philosophy degree and have been a research scientist for decades. How has these two elements influenced your faith?
- What initially piqued your interest about philosophy?
- Kierkegaard’s writings largely influenced your book. Tell us a bit about Kierkegaard in case our listeners aren’t as familiar with him as you are.
- Out of all the philosophers to choose from, why did you pick Kierkegaard and explore his writings?
- What is the greatest contribution Kierkegaard has had on Western civilization?
- Your book provides some techniques for reading the Bible. Which one has had the most impact on you personally?
- How do you hope readers will be inspired by their own faith from the context of your book?
- Which of Kierkegaard’s quotes has inspired you that you’d like to leave with readers?