FAITH NEWS SERVICE – United States—Saturday, September 17, 2022
John McB. Hodson is proud to present a book for medical professionals, Healing the System: A Prescription for Rejuvenating the Hearts of Healthcare Providers maintains #1 best seller in 3 Amazon Categories
John wrote Healing the System for medical professionals wanting to change the increasingly dysfunctional environment typical of current practices.
Healing the System is a book for healthcare that offers a simple approach to changing the healthcare system in a way that will re-empower healthcare providers to do what they love to do—care for patients, solve problems, and influence the delivery system. Drawing on his vast experience as a seasoned cardiologist who has practiced medicine all over the world, Dr. John McB. Hodgson suggests easy-to-implement changes that healthcare providers and administrators can make to combat the increasingly dysfunctional environment typical of current practice. These changes can bring a sense of fulfillment, joy, and satisfaction back to the practice of medicine. Not only will the providers of healthcare benefit, but patients will also benefit, and the entire system will be energized. The message in this book will encourage physicians and other healthcare delivery professionals to create an environment and culture in which everyone can thrive by providing practical steps for positive change in healthcare administration.
John McB. Hodgson’s Healing the System will be free and available for download on Amazon through Saturday, September 17, 2022. Click here to download. Healing the System is rated 5 stars by those who have purchased the book. Here’s one of the latest reviews:
Dinah – 5 stars
Sage counsel for solving healthcare system ails
Reviewed in the United States on September 14, 2022
“Dr. Hodgson provides informative and valuable insights into how to fix the maladies affecting the healthcare system that is resulting in provider burnout and disillusionment in systems that have become dishonoring and lost focus. Dr. Hodgson’s book is not only beneficial to all healthcare providers offering sage counsel on effective, practical, and cost efficient solutions to the healthcare ails, but also for the patients and families they serve to help them understand and navigate an overwhelming system. A must read for all who want to be a part of the solution!”
For more information or to schedule an interview about this press release, please contact John Hodgson at email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author
Dr. John Hodgson is no stranger to the dysfunction of the American healthcare system. As an internationally recognized cardiologist who has served in academic and community hospitals, multicity systems, small rural hospitals, private practice, and academic employed practice, Dr. Hodgson has a unique perspective on what is working and what is not in today’s US healthcare system. With provider dissatisfaction at an all-time high, he is committed to improving the way healthcare systems work so that healthcare providers can get back to doing what they love to do—care for patients, solve problems, and influence the delivery system. He believes it is possible to create an environment and culture where everyone in the medical field can thrive and where a sense of fulfillment, joy, and satisfaction can be returned to the practice of medicine. Dr. Hodgson is a tenured professor of medicine, entrepreneur, inventor, certified life coach, and agent for change. He and his wife, Dinah, reside in Moreland Hills, Ohio.
Suggested Interview Questions
- Hodgson, tell us what you experience on a daily basis with the current healthcare system. What led to you writing Healing the System?
- You have been a respected cardiologist for more than thirty years. What did your practice used to be like, say in the ’80s and ’90s, before the days of the RVUs and CPT codes? How have things changed in the past decade?
- Have you personally experienced feelings of discontentment with your profession? How would you describe that, and what did you do to reenergize?
- Where in the world have you practiced medicine, and what was that like? What was your favorite experience? What was the most difficult?
- Not all doctors have business acumen, but you do. What can you say to doctors coming into the system about being business minded?
- How important are leadership skills as a doctor? How can doctors develop leadership skills?
- What do you hope comes out of the ideas you provided in the book? For administrators? Healthcare providers? Systems managers? Nurses and other hospital staff?
- In the book, you gave almost a futuristic synopsis of what the healthcare system could be like. Can you summarize that for us?
- Can you tell us about the ideas in your T.E.A.C.H. approach? What do the different elements mean and how can they help the current healthcare system?
- If you could go back and pick your profession all over again, would you still choose to be a doctor, knowing what you know now?