FAITH NEWS SERVICE – Raising kids today looks different than it did in the past—families today are diverse and constantly evolving.* No matter the family structure, each child is precious, and what better way to commemorate your little one than through a customized baby memory book.
When Lynn Aldo could not find an appropriate baby book for a special baby, she decided to write her own. Using adorable illustrations of woodland creatures, Me . . . in a Nutshell provides new parents or other adults all they need to keep track of every detail about their little chipmunk:
- A “Little Chipmunk” birth page
- Individual pages for such items as birth certificate, “paw” prints, and medical notes
- Two-page spreads to record milestones such as first smile, steps, and words
- “Chitter-Chatter” pages for stories about celebrations, special occasions, and favorite food, toys, stories, and songs
- “Masterpiece” pages for baby’s first artwork
- Additional blank pages for more notes and photos to customize baby’s story.
Although the listed milestones may be common to most babies, Aldo’s book de-emphasizes such traditional elements as the family tree so that nontraditional families too will feel invited to record their baby’s first year. With its warmth and openness, Me . . . in a Nutshell highlights each baby’s uniqueness while remaining accessible to families of every spot and stripe.
About the author
Lynn Aldo grew up showing horses and loves quilting, traveling, and writing. Her degree in communications once took her to Italy, and she enjoys visiting coffee shops to sip hazelnut cappuccino and meet people from all over. When she could not find an appropriate baby book for a special baby, she wrote her own. Lynn is mom to two adult children, Nathan and Nina, who spent many nights of storytelling together. Lynn happily lives in North Carolina, halfway between the mountains and the sea—where there is always a story to be told!
Contact Lynn at email@example.com