FAITH NEWS SERVICE – United States—Wednesday, August 3, 2022
Paula presents her newest book, Learning to Be Me Without You: A Story of Love, Loss, and Coming Home.
In Learning to Be Me Without You: A Story of Love, Loss, and Coming Home, Paula Freeman hopes to use her candid and sometimes humorous account of a terminal diagnosis, a cross-country move, her husband’s untimely death, and an unscripted road to healing to connect readers to God’s faithfulness in the crucible of grief.
When her husband of over forty years is diagnosed with interstitial lung disease, for which there is no cure or effective treatment, Paula Freeman journals her thoughts and fears. When they move from Colorado to North Carolina to battle Ray’s terminal disease, Paula documents their adventures. In this memoir of grief and loss, Learning to Be Me Without You: A Story of Love, Loss, and Coming Home, Paula relates her first year of widowhood and describes falling in love with Jesus all over again.
Paula Freeman’s Learning to Be Me Without You: A Story of Love, Loss, and Coming Home is free and available for download on Amazon for 5 days, between August 2, 2022 through August 6, 2022. Learning to Be Me Without You: A Story of Love, Loss, and Coming Home is rated 5 stars by those who have purchased the book. Here’s what some of the reviewers have said:
A must read for those working through loss!
Reviewed in the United States on July 23, 2022
What a fabulous book! Paula Freeman Invites you in to her life through her story of love and loss – woven with with laughter and tears, joys and struggles, . . and through it all, pointing you to our creator. This is an encouraging and inspirational book for anyone struggling with loss!
Compelling Memoir. I Couldn’t Put Down!
Reviewed in the United States on July 24, 2022
Paula Freeman’s memoir grabbed ahold of my heart and I read it in two days! Even though Paula’s journey is through widowhood, she makes it crystal clear how to grieve life’s losses, no matter their form. Paula’s life change is simply amazing and I love how she teaches the postive parts of grieving–getting into the rhythms of God.
For More Information: For more questions or to schedule an interview about this press release please contact Paula Freeman at email@example.com.
About the Author
Paula Freeman, MSW, is founder and former executive director of Hope’s Promise, a Colorado adoption agency and orphan care ministry licensed in Colorado, and author of A Place I Didn’t Belong: Hope for Adoptive Moms. Widowed with seven grown children, she lives in the Kansas City area but still calls Colorado home—and she gets to the beach as often as she can. Visit her at www.paulasfreeman.com.
Suggested Interview Questions
- Your book Learning to Be Me Without You: A Story of Love, Loss, and Coming Home is a deeply vulnerable journey of you and your husband’s experience with a terminal lung disease. Describe briefly your personal journey through it all.
- What is often the most misunderstood reality of losing a spouse?
- What are some of the challenges that widows face?
- What are some ways widows can move forward after loss?
- What is the biggest piece of comfort you can give to someone grieving right now?
- If someone is potentially facing spousal loss, how can they prepare well?
- At the end of each chapter in your book, you offer thought-provoking reflective questions for readers. What is one question that you personally wrestled with?
- How do you hope readers will be encouraged by reading your book?