FAITH NEWS SERVICE – United States – November 16, 2023
Bixby and the Very Bad Idea is Free to Download through Monday, November 19, 2023
In a world where empathy and kindness are more important than ever, children’s book author Jerri Lien invites young readers on an enchanting adventure with her new book, “Bixby and the Very Bad Idea.” This captivating picture book effortlessly weaves together valuable life lessons, imaginative storytelling, and heartwarming characters, leaving children eager to explore the transformative power of repentance and joy.
While adults have a deep understanding of repentance and the acceptance of Christ’s sacrifice, Lien poses an intriguing question: What about our little ones? How can they navigate guilt and the path of repentance?
Lien recognizes that children thrive on captivating stories, which is why she introduces readers to Bixby, an adorable shih tzu puppy, in her enthralling tale. In “Bixby and the Very Bad Idea,” young readers accompany Bixby on an unforgettable journey filled with whimsy, mischief, and profound life lessons. Eager to find someone to play ball with, Bixby resorts to a mischievous plan of hiding everyone’s toys. Yet, as fate would have it, Bixby’s own treasured ball goes missing. This unexpected turn of events prompts the lovable puppy to reflect upon the consequences of his actions, leading him on a path of self-discovery and redemption.
Through Bixby’s endearing journey, Lien delicately imparts the significance of considering others’ feelings and the profound impact it has on our own happiness.
Captivating both young hearts and curious minds, this remarkable picture book weaves together vibrant illustrations and a heartfelt narrative that will leave readers eager to flip through its pages time and time again. With its timeless message and captivating storyline, “Bixby and the Very Bad Idea” is poised to become a cherished addition to every child’s library.
“Bixby and the Very Bad Idea” will be free and available for download on Amazon for 5 days beginning on November 16, 2023. “Bixby and the Very Bad Idea” is rated 5 stars by those who have purchased and written a review of the book. Here’s what some of the reviewers have said:
Patrick Duffy, Jr. Esq.
This book is a winner!
“Attention parents and grandparents – Jerri Lien’s book should be at the top of your Christmas shopping list! The storyline is easy to identify and the author develops Bixby’s personality early on. Too, the book has a cute but important message for people of all ages! Ms. Lien’s book clearly deserves a 5 star rating! Well done!”
Good life lessons!
“Bixby is the sweetest little pup ! What a great book teaching such important life lessons to our kids! Can’t wait for Bixbys next adventure!”
For interviews, contact Jerri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social media links:
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Jerri Lien fell in love with books at a very young age and believes a good book can transport the reader to a whole new world. Some of her fondest memories include reading with her own son, the real Bradley Jay, who is now a wonderful grownup! Also an aunt, a teacher, a missionary, and a mentor, Jerri finds great joy in encouraging others to learn, grow, and reach for the stars.
Jerri and her husband Scott moved from the Evergreen State to the Grand Canyon State with the real-live-and-really-adorable Bixby, whose spunky personality inspired the writing of Bixby and the Very Bad Idea.
Suggested Interview Questions
- What inspired you to write a children’s picture book?
- Did the full story come to you all at once, or did you rework and revise it to achieve its final form?
- As the main character, Bixby is a child substitute in the story. Why did you decide to use a puppy as the main character instead of a human child?
- Bixby feels “tummy twinges” when he struggles with behaving in ways that make his friends sad. How do you think picture books can help children with guilt or anxiety issues, especially ones that manifest physically?
- Bixby receives wise feedback on his behavior from Lil Ladybug. How can older friends and adults help children consider how their behavior affects others?
- Bixby is blessed by kind, forgiving friends. What can children do when they don’t have a community to help them with their feelings and behavior?
- Bixby’s self-focused efforts to take matters into “his own paws” only lead to disappointment for everyone. How can parents and adults help children understand to look to God for wisdom in their choices and trust that God always loves and forgives them?