FAITH NEWS SERVICE – United States—Tuesday, November 22, 2022
Just in time for the holidays, Marissa Barbee is proud to present the relaunch of her newest book, Christmas Traditions through the Lens of Scripture: A Book for Advent
Marissa wrote Christmas Traditions through the Lens of Scripture to help parents turn the hearts and minds of their children to Christ during the busy and distracting Christmas season.
As a young girl, Marissa was fascinated by the history of the candy cane and its symbolism. When she became a mother, she searched for a book that packaged similar stories about familiar traditions with a meaningful daily advent during the Christmas season. No such book existed, so she wrote it. Each day of December leading up to Christmas Day provides a scriptural tie-in for one common element of traditional Christmas celebrations. From Christmas trees, stars, and decorations to Santa Claus and his reindeer, Marissa helps parents teach their children to look for Jesus in the unexpected details.
Marissa Barbee’s Christmas Traditions through the Lens of Scripture will be free and available for download on Amazon for 5 days from November 23 through November 27, 2022 Christmas Traditions through the Lens of Scripture is rated 5 stars by those who have purchased the book. Here’s what some of the reviewers have said:
This is wonderful!
Reviewed in the United States on November 16, 2022
“I have saved this to my kindle library and will be giving it as a stocking stuffer to my kids with kids. I cannot wait to share these devotions in concert with our Advent traditions! In a world full of Santa and Consumerism, it’s really refreshing to have focus brought back to the Word, God, Christ, and Faith. Our kids are bombarded by messages and media, this book is a wholesome answer to the things we wish they didn’t see.”
Reviewed in the United States on October 16, 2022
“This book is beautifully written and illustrated. I love that it is was a passion and heart felt vision of a mother and her eldest daughter, using both their God given talents which they wanted to share this with others. It is a book that explains the origin and Christian meaning behind many Christmas traditions, in a very easy to way to understand. It is a wonderful book for the whole family to enjoy together no matter what age. I look forward to making it one of our Christmas traditions.”
For More Information: For more questions or to schedule an interview about this press release, please contact Marissa Barbee at 303-656-8117 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author
Marissa Barbee is a wife of twenty years and a home-educating mother of nine. Marissa and her husband, Scott, live in Colorado and enjoy playing games with their children and tackling projects—from the challenges of gardening in the Rockies to the DIY remodeling of their home. You can connect with Marissa on Instagram at instagram.com/mrsmarissabarbee or on Facebook at facebook.com/mrsmarissabarbee.
Suggested Interview Questions
- There are hundreds of advent devotionals out there. What makes yours different?
- What do you say to people who criticize your use of the pagan elements of our traditional Christmas celebration in your book?
- How difficult was it to find spiritual lessons in those secularized and often pagan practices . . . and find Scripture to go along with them?
- I like the way you turned secular celebration on its head to show us the Savior. Have you considered writing more like this—maybe for Easter?
- Your daughter’s illustrations are beautiful. What was it like, working with her to create this book together?
- I love that you’ve included smaller versions of the illustrations at the back of the book for crafting. How do you envision they be used?
- How does being a homeschooling mom tie in to the creation of this book? How did you find time around all those duties to write it?
- What is your favorite Christian tradition surrounding the Christmas season, and what ways do you weave this tradition into your family?