FAITH NEWS SERVICE – United States—Wednesday, January 25, 2023
Karen Black Mercer presents her best-selling pro-life memoir Only If God Says So!: Finding the Courage to Protect Life in a Pro-Choice World
Karen wrote Only If God Says So! to encourage her readers to believe that what God has done for her (calling her to a worthy cause and a ministry that serves Him), He can do for them.
At the risk of being beaten and jailed, Karen Black Mercer places herself between expectant women and abortionists, determined to fight for the unborn. This compelling Christian memoir of a once-timid woman’s call to march into the physical and spiritual battle against abortion presents an unflinching firsthand account of one of our country’s darkest realities. As her persistent stand for righteousness results in numerous imprisonments and death threats, Karen’s battle cry becomes, “Only if God says so!” Through it all, the Lord’s great love, power, and faithfulness are clearly demonstrated in Karen’s life. Today, as the Dobbs case comes continually under fire, Only If God Says So! is particularly timely Christian inspiration.
Karen Mercer Black’s Only If God Says So! is available to download for free on Amazon through Saturday, January 28, 2023. Only If God Says So! has debuted with many rave reviews! Here’s what some of the reviewers have said:
Truly an AMAZING Read!!!
Reviewed in the United States on January 24, 2023
I never do reviews, but had to after reading just the first half of her memoir. I literally cannot put this book down! Karen’s story is absolutely astounding, inspiring and captivating!!! I am blown away by her level of courage and faithfulness – her complete trust in God. I love her faith-filled declaration, “Only if God Says So!” and have adopted this into my own life. God bless Karen for her “yes” and the abundant fruit of such a “fiat”! If you are looking for a book that has it all, from adventure to laughter to tears and more, trust me – get this book stat – you will not be disappointed!!!
God is faithful! So brave and inspiring!
Reviewed in the United States on January 21, 2023
What an amazing, faith building read! Karen’s style of writing keeps the interest of the reader making it very difficult to put this book down once it’s started. The most important aspect of this book is the way Karen captures her strong faith and the faith of her family. If ever you question that God really exists, read this book.
For More Information: For more questions or to schedule an interview about this press release please contact Karen Black Mercer at 812-223-9002 or email email@example.com.
About the Author
For fifty-four years, Karen Black Mercer has been a warrior against abortion, starting in the late sixties to prevent abortion on demand. She has worked with crisis pregnancy centers, done post-abortion counseling, and joined Operation Rescue. She’s been pushed, spit on, handcuffed, beaten, injured by nunchucks, shackled, arrested twenty-four times, and received a mafia death threat. Her compassionate woman-centered approach to encouraging women to choose life over abortion has resulted in over nine thousand women choosing life and has earned her national recognition as “The Billy Graham of Sidewalk Counseling.” She has also earned the Power of One award from the Georgia Family Council. Karen holds a doctorate in clinical Christian counseling (PhD). In addition to her two children, she has a stepdaughter and total of ten grandchildren. She lives in the Midwest with her husband, Steve.
Suggested Interview Questions
- Your author bio says that your compassionate approach to sidewalk counseling has resulted in over nine thousand women choosing life for their babies. What is your method for keeping track?
- How many of these women, and their kids, do you keep in touch with?
- Over the years, have you ever feared for your life as a result of your work? Has that gotten easier over time?
- Were there times when you felt overwhelmed by the enormity of your mission?
- What do you consider to be your crowning achievement as a pro-life activist?
- For readers who might have a loved one who is considering abortion, what insights will your book give them?
- Do you enter into the current debate regarding the moral validity of Roe v. Wade? What do you think about the Supreme Court’s recent decision to overturn Roe v. Wade?
- What do you say to people who believe that a woman should be able to choose an abortion if the pregnancy is a result of rape or incest?
- What’s your stance on abortion in the rare circumstance when the mother’s life is in danger?
- In what ways do you engage in the pro-life movement today? If someone wants to become more involved, what steps should they take?