FAITH NEWS SERVICE – United States—Friday, December 2, 2022
Ross and Athena Holtz will capture Christian audiences with their newest book, Together for a Purpose: Love and Mission in Marriage and Ministry
Ross and Athena wrote Together for a Purpose to encourage couples in both marriage and ministry to be faithful in their relationships—even through the struggles—and to find God’s purpose for their everyday lives.
A unique true marriage story of two seasoned travelers who find each other and marry later in life is told from two viewpoints with openness and candor. This engaging and often humorous narrative written by a high-powered Christian woman publisher and a ready-for-retirement widowed pastor offers Christian marriage help while navigating change and criticism, blended families, issues of compatibility, and meshing as a couple. More than just a love story, this growing-in-faith story touches on what we all long for—belonging, being loved for who we are, and finding a place of service to God and purpose in our everyday lives.
Ross and Athena Holt’s Together for a Purpose is free and available for download on Amazon through December 4, 2022. Together for a Purpose is rated 5 stars by those who have purchased the book. Here’s what some of the reviewers have said:
Edward E. – 5 stars
A Wise Conversation
Reviewed in the United States on November 19, 2022
“I found this book to be sort of like Lays Potato Chips. I couldn’t read just one chapter. I had to read the whole thing. It was like listening to the authors, Ross and Athena, converse. I didn’t want to miss out on any of the interaction or the wisdom they shared. Relationships take work and they’ve experienced what works and what doesn’t work. Good writing, excellent content, while being entertaining in their presentation. You won’t regret reading it.”
Faith and Farmhouse – 5 stars
Great resource for couples and small groups
Reviewed in the United States on November 21, 2022
“In this sweet story of God’s redemption and care, Dr. Ross Holtz and his wife Athena tell the story of how they met and married, in their 60s! Despite many obstacles, they are making their marriage thrive by putting God first. This book would be a great resource for couples and small groups as there is discussion questions at the end of each chapter.”
For More Information: For more questions or to schedule an interview about this press release please contact Athena Holtz at 210-620-4900 or email at email@example.com.
About the Authors
Dr. Geoffrey Ross Holtz was the founding and senior pastor of The Summit, Enumclaw, Washington. He holds a Masters of Religious Studies, a Doctor of Ministries, and a Doctor of Divinity degree from Columbia Evangelical Seminary, is ordained with the Evangelical Free Church of America, and is the author of Are You in the Game or in the Way? A Question for Pastors and Men’s Ministry Leaders.
Athena Dean Holtz is the founder and publisher of the hybrid Redemption Press in Enumclaw, Washington. Named Best Female Podcast Host of the year in 2021 by the national Spark Media for her All Things podcast, she is the author of Full Circle: Coming Home to the Faithfulness of God, and the founder of She Writes for Him writers’ online and in-person events and the Redeemed & Restored video broadcast/podcast.
Suggested Interview Questions
- Yours is an unusual love story, one that survived unexpected early challenges. It sounded like you were blindsided. How did the two of you stay strong against so much coming at you?
- Athena, tell us about Ross’s late wife’s list for her replacement. Did you ever take that seriously? Did you ever think you would actually be with someone from her list?
- Ross, you say, “I’m perfect for her.” How do your personalities mesh? What makes you perfect for Athena? Is she perfect for you? What makes her perfect for you?
- Pastors hate to see people leave their churches. As a pastor, how did you deal with one-third of your congregation leaving after you married?
- Do you have any tips for dealing with the inevitable criticism that comes with being in public ministry?
- What’s the one habit that you practice together that you feel strengthens your bond? How does this habit enrich you as a couple and personally?
- As you tell your story, you talk a lot about purpose. How do you suggest couples go about finding God’s purpose in their lives together?
- You are very candid as you write about your lives. What is the one point you want most to get across by telling your stories?
- You’ve both had hard things happen in your lives. How do you reconcile God working all things together for good (as Romans 8:28 says) with your life experience.